Saturday, April 2, 2011

Baking, Cooking Doing It All

I needed to keep busy today and what better way than to bake and cook! First I baked the cranberry muffins using a simple recipe. I love eating them all year around. I always make sure there is a good supply of them put away in the freezer during the winter.

                                     

                                                       
 Recipe
1/2 cup sugar
1-egg
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups plain flour
3- teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
3/4 cup milk

Method
Cream sugar, egg, and butter til smooth. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk. Blend until mixture is smooth. Fold in cranberries. Fill greased muffin pans 3/4 full and bake at 400 degrees until done. Allow to cool on rack.
  Now that they are baked, I'm not waiting until they cool.lol. I'm taking two with a cup of  French Vanilla coffee and going to sit on the porch. It is so nice and sunny outside, with the birdsong and soothing noises of  out-doors. I'm sure to have a treat. Why not join me. Luv-Loretta

5 comments:

  1. Hello Loretta, Thank you so much for sending a sweet email and following my blog.
    It's nice to meet you, muffins look yummy! I love your blog header, your cat is beautiful! Blessings, Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl...those look so good! I use to make zuccinni muffins and keep them in the freezer...my dd use to request that I make him several dozen for his freezer! lol Thanks for coming by sweetie and for the sweet comment...have a great weekend...Picket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, Loretta! You make the best looking things! I copied this recipe for my file and I am going to try it one day... I LOVE cranberry muffins. Thanks for sharing!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure looks appetizing...I have copied the recipe and will make some of those muffins as I have plenty of cranberries...Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is very helpful. Do come again to visit us at our house,you are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...