Monday, March 28, 2011

More Thrift Finds

These pieces were also found with last weekend's finds, but I had an idea for the little crate. It was full of debris but, I went ahead and bought it for a nickel. However, the little mice figurines cost more. The little lady on the left is Falicity Fieldmouse and numbered, the cost: $2! The one to the left is a Beatrix  Potter's piece, numbered and dated sold for $1! After getting a good cleaning, they are nice collectibles for a mere $3.05!

The little crate was cleaned and I glued the blue ribbon on and tied a bow. I went through my stash of goodies and found the large heart, then glued it on. I allowed it to dry overnight so the gule would be completely set.

I keep a little of everything, because you never know when you might need it. I put a little of this used excelsior inside and added a few pieces of my heart soap that I made earlier. The room smelled so clean and fresh from the soap.
I haven't displayed any of the pieces to date, but will certainly share them when that time comes. Hope you have a wonderful Monday morning! Luv-Loretta

5 comments:

  1. I love thrift stores and great deals. I'm always on the hunt for treasures. Your azaleas and spireas are absolutely stunning! We have a few months to go before we see any flowers or even tulips, here, in Colorado! Sure, you can buy them at the store, but it's just not the same as seeing your own little babies pop-up. I'll stop by, again! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet thrift finds. you got some really great prices on the cute figurines. And perfect timing with Easter right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog! Thanks for stopping by and following us at Familymade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have inspired me to great ready for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You find the neatest stuff. I sure would like to go treasure hunting with you. Your flowers are absolutely lovely. It will be a long wait here Im afraid, but it will come...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is very helpful. Do come again to visit us at our house,you are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...