Thursday, April 14, 2011

Simplicity Is The Key To This Meal

  A New Orleans Po-boy, simple, but oh so-so good and filling. There are so many different ones, chosing is only half the fun. Eating one is a culinary delight!
  This is one of my creations, Chicken Poupon. The chicken strips are marinated in the dijon for an hour, then put into the hot skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and cooked til tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove an place on paper towel. Gather the fixings and toasted bread.
  The browned crust-like substance on the chicken is seasoning, and give the meat its flavor. Yummy!See the juices inside!
  Now you are ready to build. This is your choice. Did you know folks like their fixings a certain way on their Po-boy. My plate is garnished with sliced pineapples and ripe olives. This is so tasty with the meat. Cut them in half and you're set!
  Try them, you'll want them everyday. Not only are they good, they are quick and easy to prepare. Enjoy!





                                 

4 comments:

  1. YUMMY!!!! I will have to try making chicken your way with the dijon, looks delicious. And I see that you like Miracle Whip! That was my father's favorite, it brings back good memories. I prefer Hellmann's Mayo (and it MUST be Hellmann's!) but I also do like Miracle Whip, once in a while. I actually like to use Miracle Whip when I make a fried, breaded chicken cutlet sandwich!
    Loretta, you are making me hungry -- stop it!! LOL!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum! I always enjoy your recipes! Gotta try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy chicken and this looks really delicious!!
    Have a blessed weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is very helpful. Do come again to visit us at our house,you are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...