Thursday, April 7, 2011

Recipe:Rich White Bread

  I've been asked for this homemade bread recipe. The recipe I can give to you, however you will have to go through the process as you would any other recipe for bread. This is because when I make this recipe, I always use my bread machine, and add the ingredients as they are listed, then allow it to go through the dough process, and then, remove it and put into pans and allow to rise, then bake.
  I'm sorry but this is simple for me, especially when I'm working with limited energy. I like to improvise and create too. So, this means I'm making it up as I go along. So, here's the recipe for rich white bread:
                                                                            
Recipe 

2/3-cup warm milk
2-Tablespoons vegetable oil or, 2-Tablespoons butter
2-eggs
3- cups plain flour
2-Tablespoons sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons yeast

After the process finishes, I remove dough and divide into loaf pans. However, with this loaf, I shaped into a large loaf and baked on a sheet. If you want a darker crust, mix 1-egg white with a little water, and brush the top of loaf, bake accordingly. I don't like the dark crust, so I wait and brush the loaf just before it is ready to remove to get this lightly browned crust. This recipe resembles the Brioche loaf, with a slight variation. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, nummy! I can smell it now ...

    Have a beautiful weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    FUN GIVEAWAY ENDS 4/10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Loretta. I don't have a bread machine unfortunately. I will figure it out though. I am gonna try my hand at making some bread. It has been at least 30 years since I made it so I'm looking forward to some nice warm bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so long since I made any bread. Yum, I haven't had breakfast yet and I can just about taste yours. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is very helpful. Do come again to visit us at our house,you are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...