Monday, June 23, 2014

Flea Market Finds...How to use Them


Well, hello there, and "Good-Sunshine- Morning" to everyone! How are you and how are you spending your day so far?
  
  I know some of you have/are having really bad weather...and in some places we've seen the devastating damage the storms have wreaked. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
  We haven't had any bad weather in a while and believe me, we are all thankful and aware of how Blessed we are those storms went around us.  

  I don't have too much to talk about today... we are doing well and trying so hard to finish the clean-up of our family home that was loss in that fire. Now, we will have the local fire department to come and finish burning it down in order to clear all the rubbish away. I will be so happy because seeing it in this current state, hurts so badly. 

  On another note, I did want to show you this pic of...how to use some flea market finds in your home. 
 Now that the grands and children are on school vacation, this "style" will be a welcome change to your decor' and easy to clean. 



These repurposed feed sacks used as throw pillow covers are framed artwork! They are so inviting...they make you want to curl-up on the cozy sofa with a good book and relax. 
  
I have to admit, I would have never used this eclectic style however, I have, as I've gotten older, made a number of changes in my life including in my home. 

This is so simple and clean, and I love the farm house table with the mix of chairs in this picture... even the garden chair that the retro covered pillow makes so comfy. The white sheers and blue color on the walls, adds a calmness and simplicity to the room filled with found items. 

The focal point in the room draws it all together...mixing old feed sack pillows with throw pillows in modern print. Doesn't it bring a down-home look that blends these two time periods together? I-love-it!

Wishing You All... A Glorious Week... Happy Monday!!!

6 comments:

  1. Well, hello there my sister in Christ! I missed you. Something reminded me of you just a few days ago and I wondered how you were doing. I know about having a fire. When it is cleared away you will be able to "press forth forgetting things that are behind."

    I would love to have a beach house decorated like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those pillows. I am so sorry about the fire. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loretta,
    Hi! I had to rejoin your blog because my picture wasn't showing. I love those pillows and that idea. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cottagey look of your home, Loretta. Very quaint and relaxing!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popping in to say hi and hoping all is ok with your guys. LJ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is very helpful. Do come again to visit us at our house,you are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...