Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Year

Good Wednesday Morning, I'm sure you will agree, days seem to fly by...here it is the middle of the week and I can barely remember
the beginning! Mom says its because I'm sleeping too late and losing that early morning time. I suppose she is right because I can't seem to get as much done since my fall.
 I have a lot of ideas that I need to release from my head...their galloping wildly up there is driving me beans! lol. That's the problem, heart willing, but body can't! I have a dish to share, thrift piece and an antique. So, scroll down the page to see!
  One good thing however, I'm sticking to my low carb diet. Look at this salad...you might see a little of everything in it because I took two, put them together and came up with a very good dish.

It consists of 1 cup pasta, tri-color Rotini, ham, cheese, broccoli, olives, whole corn, tomatoes, red peppers, celery, etc. olive oil for dressing!

 It was a very good salad with the pasta cooked 'al dente"


I was digging through my Mom's storage and found this old table she'd thrown out. I didn't need it but, I wanted it to go in my bedroom with other like pieces. I like it just as it is!

 I took this oil lamp too. It was wrapped with cob-webs; parts are rusted and I had to replace the glass-chimney. I like it here too. Isn't it wonderful how we can take our parents' old discarded stuff and make it glow in our decor`!

Tulle and lace, huh? I have an idea for this, let's see how it works out for me. Stay tuned!

 I have enjoyed sharing with you this morning...and I'll be visiting you shortly to see all your creativity. James went back to work today...I'm on my own and I'm not doing too well without him. I suppose I was depending on him more than I realized.
  Visiting you, I just know you will have some wonderful things to share too! Hope your day a glorious one! Take Good Care.

All The Best To You,
Loretta

12 comments:

  1. Love those pooches, adorable! Oh, that salad looks yummy! Sounds like the kind we make ...
    Have a beautiful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you. I hope it is much better year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you had surgery! I've been gone from blogging for a while. So glad you are on the mend. And hooray for you for the low carb diet! Wish I didn't like carbs so much! That is the hardest diet for me. Wishing you a rapid weight loss! lol Oh, and my hubs name is James too! Sounds like yours is a keeper too.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing what a little face lift can do to an old treasure. You're making me hungry again with your yummy food pictures.
    Hope you're back to 100% real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Loretta, Thank you for sharing your morning thoughts. I like the table and I am sure you have a good idea for the lace. I like the old oil lamp also. It is very true that the old things we find tug at our hearts and are so much more meaningful than new things. I just love old things. They bring me comfort. I wish you a good day. Blessings, Catherine xo
    P.S. I am glad that you are happy with your success on your diet. Just remember eat healthy and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year and so happy to read your low-carb diet is going well. The salad looks delicious and has lots of my faves in it. Great finds and the table is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loretta, that looks delicious--as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm. That salad sure looks good! The table is cute. I don't need it in big size, but it sure would come in handy in miniature size.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Ms Vanessa...I hear you loud and clear! ugh...sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's a salad I could eat all the time..I love salad's and pasta so this is a winner for me..LOL! Love the picture of the sweet doggies...and rememebr to take it easy..slow and steady wins the race...take plenty of naps...
    Happy new year...
    ~Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice bright banner you have there! too cute with the little hair thingies.

    I wouldn't mind a diet right now, but one always thinks that after a big meal right!

    HUGS Lorraine
    Nods....Rabbits are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how cute! Your dish looks delicious. I hope you are feeling better! Best wishes for the New Year and thanks for the visits!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Your feedback is very helpful. Do come again to visit us at our house,you are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...